How to choose the right summer camp for your child.
With thousands of camps in Florida alone finding the one that’s right for your child can seem daunting. Here’s some practical advice:
- Look beneath the surface of a summer program
- Talk to the people who run the summer youth program
- Evaluate the staff of the student summer program
- Talk to parents and campers who’ve been to summer programs
- Visit the summer youth program while it’s in session
If you are considering enrolling your child in summer camp, it’s never too early to begin learning about the different types of programs, costs, schedules, and admission procedures. When choosing a camp or summer program, reputations and word of mouth are meaningful resources; however, a terrific match for one child and family might not be the best match for your child or family. The best advice is to think about your child’s interests and temperament, and make a list of camp features that are most important to your family and child. Here at Proletics MAF we know that parents have a lot of information thrown at them from many other programs. We hope this article can provide some useful tips that may make
choice easier. For more information [click here].